Wednesday 26 September 2012

Glossybox September 2012

Hello! I know this post is a week overdue, but did anyone else feel like the Glossyboxes came late this month? I felt like I was waiting for mine forever!!
This month the box was a little different; it was a mint green colour rather than the usual pale dusky pink, and it was illustrated with cute little drawings in pink and white by Maggie Li.





Here's what I got inside:



Lady Gaga Fame Perfume - As you will probably know, I'm not a huge fan of being sent these in my box, if you're lucky you can get a sample size perfume like this in Selfridges and a few times I've been in when they've actually been just handing them out in various fragrances. I suppose it's nice that they sent out a sample for a new perfume, not just a random old one. So I'm pretty neutral about receiving this, it'd have been a nice addition, but I'm not particularly excited about it.

Rodial Glamoxy Snake Serum and 5 Minute Facial - I actually initially thought this was a bonus sample because the sachets are so small, but it's not! Sometimes I think it's a bit cheeky when Glossybox just send out sachet samples because to be honest I could approach any counter in John Lewis, Selfridges, Debenhams and probably a few other places and I'd get a free sample of the same size if I asked nicely. I actually got some from benefit that I think were bigger than this! It does look like an interesting product, and it's the sort of product I'd want to see in my Glossybox, just a bit bigger in size!

Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream - I think this is a good product to include, balance me are an interesting brand, they use looads of natural ingredients and things, and I've been noticing them more and more recently! It's a shame that I actually already have a sample of this from a magazine freebie a few months ago (post here) but I'm not going to hold that against them! Another sample, but it's a pretty generous size so I'm not complaining too much.

Vichy Idealie Day Care Cream - Yay! Something I'm genuinely excited about! A luxury skincare brand, a new product line, and it's illuminating!! They really couldn't have sent me a better sample! Yes this is another sample, but it's a generous size again and I wouldn't expect a full size of such an expensive product! I am so looking forward to trying this out, thank you Glossybox!!!

Maghrabian Hair Oil - Another great sample! I am sooo into hair oils at the moment (blog post to follow) I haven't heard of this brand before, which I always like to see in a Glossybox, it's affordable enough which is nice to see too because at least I'd be able to repurchase without crying if I liked it! And hair oil is such a hyped product at the moment, it's quite "on trend" if you will so it's nice to think that Glossybox have thought about what's being hyped at the moment and are sending out things of that nature!

Overall quite a good box I think! I am a little disappointed at the lack of any full size products, it's a little difficult to see where your £10 has gone when there are sachet samples you could get for free at a department store, but nevertheless there are definitely some good products in this month's box and two in particular that I'm very happy to have got and am very excited to try out!

What did you get in your Glossybox? What did you think of the products this month?
Eleanor x

3 comments:

  1. Aww I like the box its really pretty! Seems like the contents was good too! :D :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sounds of the eyecream, plus it's a good size which is great!
    I hate when they include the little perfume samples, I never end up using them - just clutter!

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! exactly!! I hate it when we get sent tiddly little samples, they're no use, but you can't throw them out because that's what you've paid for! haha
      Eleanor x

      Delete