Sunday 24 February 2013

My Foundation Collection

Hello! So today I am going to give you a little peek into my foundation collection, I do have quite a few, and there's a reason for this!! I only really got into wearing foundations about a year ago, before then I didn't wear them! But then I realised that my skin could only look so good, and to get the gorgeous glowing skin that I wanted, I had to find the right foundation! So basically I went hunting for loads of different foundations to try out so that I could find the perfect one, and here they all are!!






 garnier miracle skin perfector bb cream in 02 light, l'oreal lumi magique in c1 rose pearl, rimmel stay matte foundation in 100 ivory, rimmel wake me up foundation in 100 ivory, maxfactor second skin foundation in 040 creamy ivory, revlon colourstay in normal/drry skin 110 ivory, revlon photoready foundation in 002 vanilla, bourjois healthy mix foundation in 51 vanille clair, bourjois bio detox foundation in 51 vanille clair, bourjois healthy mix serum in 51 vanille clair, bourjois 10 hour sleep effect foundation in 71 abricote clair, bobbi brown natural finish long lasting foundation in sand 2, une skin-glow foundation in G02, stila illuminating liquid foundation in 10 watts.

Shamefully, most of these haven't ever been used! I know, I'm terrible!! I like to give things a really good try before I make my mind up on them, and use them in different ways so I know how they work best etc, and I just carried on using the same few every day and never got around to using the others! So with that, I would like to bring a new series to Porcelain Eleanor: The Foundation Files! To motivate me into using all of these (because it really is a crime that they're all sitting unused) I'm going to be testing them all out for the series to review them, and let you know what I think and which one I like best! That way I'll be using up my stash so that my money isn't being wasted, and I can hopefully help you guys out with the reviews as well! I actually find that reviewing things for Porcelain Eleanor really makes me think carefully about the product and what it's doing for me, whether I can see the effects etc, and it actually helps me to decide whether or not I think it's any good, because I have to pay attention to it for the review!

Do you have lots of foundations? Which are your favourites? (I like excuses to buy more makeup!!) Do let me know in the comments which ones you'd like me to review and I'll try to make those a priority!
Eleanor x

23 comments:

  1. I have yet to find my holy grail foundation. I would definitely be into reading your foundation files post!

    http://acosmeticcourtship.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The first post is being written as we speak! Hope you enjoy the series :)
      Eleanor x

      Delete
  2. I always struggle to find the perfect foundation! I will be giving these reviews a read :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them! The first post should be along soon! :)
      Eleanor x

      Delete
  3. Wow you have loads of foundations, I'm jealous! I think I have about four. Looking forward to your reviews :) x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm looking forward to trying them all to review!! I need to downsize really because its a bit excessive, which I'm hoping doing this will help me to do!
      Eleanor x

      Delete
  4. oh wow! u really have a lot of foundations! i have a few... i have three liquid ones and three powder ones. i use all of them for diff occasions tho so that's my justification hehe! like for night time i have full coverage without spf and daytime i prefer a lighter coverage with a spf etc. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I like the way you're justifying that! Think I might have to put a similar system in place when I get testing them all!
      Eleanor x

      Delete
  5. You have loads, I'm more a use one buy one, kind of girl so I only have 1 at a time lol xx

    ide love it if you checked out my mac lipstick giveaway :) 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could restrain myself like that! I'm always itching to get my hands on new things that I see, and I can never stop thinking about them! Haha! But I'm definitely hoping that this series will help me to downsize my collection by using them up and getting rid of the ones that are no good!
      Eleanor x

      Delete
  6. I love laura mercier for foundations xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try some of those! The silk cream foundation has me particularly interested but I don't think I can justify spending so much on one when I have all of these to use up first haha! Maybe if none of these work for me...
      Eleanor x

      Delete
  7. Great collection, I have far too many that I need to use to! One of my favourites is Stila's Illuminating foundation :) x

    http://www.bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ad I'm glad that I'm not the only one! I'll look forward to trying that foundation out then!
      Eleanor x

      Delete
  8. Thank you very much! I'll definitely check out your blog :)
    Eleanor x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a lot of foundation! I have recently culled my makeup and now have 5 foundations, a mix of Laura Mercier, MUFE and Revlon.

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation! I'd definitely class it as one of my favourites :D

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg you have so many ! I’ve recently started using Rimmel Wake Me Up, it’s amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  12. you have loads! erm, like me. I might do a foundation post too. I went through lots to find a good one for my wedding though, that's my excuse that I'm sticking too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha nice excuse!! I wish I had one as good as that! Maybe it's okay to start looking for a wedding foundation before you get engaged??? ;)
      Eleanor x

      Delete
  13. Very few foundations work for me I'm all about Skin79 bb cream so while I get a lot into review I pass them onto very grateful family members after!! Great post and just discovering your blog it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks very much! And I do the same with reviews of matte foundations, I'm not all that keen on them, but when I read a review on a good one I pass it on to people who I know will like it :)
      Eleanor x

      Delete