Tuesday 13 November 2012

Autumn Edit: Lip Products

Hello! So this is the last post of my Autumn Edits! There have been 2 others: nail polish and blush if you want to have a look at them just click the links!

So for Autumn I LOVE dark lip colours, I like everything dark, vampy, almost gothic but not quite so scary. I like burgundys, plums, all deep, dark rich tones, so here are the some of the ones I have in my (ever-growing) collection!













Plums: Barry M lipstick in 152, e.l.f studio lipstick in beautiful berry, revlon colourstay lipstick in plum, e.l.f studio tinted lip balm in plum, maybelline 10 hour tint gloss in timeless plum.
I absolutely love these deep, rich plum colours, I think they look so interesting on the lips, purple is just a little bit different to more classic reds, and I think they're quite daring and fashionable too. I'd wear plum lips with quite an understated outfit, probably a baggy jumper with a shirt underneath (do I see an outfit of the day coming along?)







Burgundies and Deep Reds: Bodyshop lip and cheek tint in 01, 17 mirror shine lipstick in cookie, bobbi brown lip colour in burnt red.
Burgundies are my faaaaavourite lip colour to wear in the colder months, I think they just look so beautiful and they look great on every skintone. And deep reds are just so perfect for this season, they look really rich and warm, when I think of deep red lips I think of going for a walk in the countryside in the autumn when the air's really crisp and being wrapped up in a big chunky knit scarf and wearing a tweed item of clothing (am I getting a bit carried away?)

As you can see, I have a mixture of tinted balms, stains and lipsticks, I definitely wear tinted balms the most on my lips because I just find that they are far more low maintenance, and when I'm out at uni all day I really don't have time for touch-ups. But I think it's nice to have a selection of different types of product to use and mix it up a bit!

What are your favourite lip products and colours to wear in the autumn? Do you have any of mine?
Eleanor x

6 comments:

  1. such beautiful autumn colours for lips!

    Sarah x
    sarahloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've such a good lip collection, jealous of all those colours xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been collecting for a good while! I'm a bit of a hoarder haha!
      Eleanor x

      Delete
  3. Ahh the Bobbi Brown and Barry M look like delicious shades! I wantttt! I have a Barry M Red one and that certainly has never let me down :)

    Gemma x

    www.gemmasatire.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the barry M is the newest addition to my collection actually! It's from their new range of lipsticks, I wasn't too taken by the rest of the shades in the range but this one was the exact burgundy shade I'd been looking for!
      Eleanor x

      Delete