Tuesday 21 August 2012

Glossybox August 2012

Hello! This month, to celebrate the Olypmics (I'm so sad they're over!) Glossybox put together an International Superstars box, which sounded very exciting, and I love the design on the front of the information card! Here's what I got in my box...





Alessandro Pro White Original Effect Polish from Germany - Now, forgive me, but I'm really not the sort of person to get over-excited about clear nail varnish, apparently this also whitens the nails... Meh, I'm not so thrilled to have received this, it's something I probably won't get a great deal of use out of and I'd prefer to have received something else, but I'll give it a try, you never know, I might like it!

Valentino Valentina Assoluto Eau de Parfum from Italy - I'm not particularly over the moon to see yet ANOTHER 5ml perfume sample in a beauty box, I mean, is it just me or do they occasionally give these out in Selfridges and John Lewis? I know I've been handed a fair few for FREE, so I'm not too happy about paying for one to be sent to me in a box, maybe I'm being greedy, I don't know... I do however quite like the smell of this one, it's not exactly my typical type of scent, but it's nice, I like it! A little bit floral, but not too heavy, slightly sweet, it's nice.

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil from Japan - The most exciting product in the box for me, I haven't heard of this before, it looks interesting and I'm excited to try it out! I think this is along the same sort of lines as products like Bio Derma, but it looks like a little more oil and a little less water, it's described as revolutionary and the best makeup remover ever, I'm very pleased that this is in my box!

Vera Valenti L'ombre a Paupiere Margarita from Spain - This is a little eyeshadow palette that contains 10 shadows in shades of brown, green and beige, I'm not wowwed by this, I'm not drawn to any of the colours, I actually don't really like the greens, and half of one of the shadows has smashed and covered the rest of the palette with green dust, great! haha! I'll have a go with it, I might like it better on!

Lipcote from the UK - Oh Glossybox, I already have one of these! I've got to say though, I would have been happy to get this if I hadn't already got one. As it happens, I haven't yet tried mine out and this has reminded me that I need to, if it's good then I suppose then it's a good job I have a backup!

Glossybox Lipstick in Glossy Pink - I'm not really sure how I feel about this, I don't really enjoy receiving Glossybox own brand products, I'd rather get another sample from another company (sorry Glossybox!) the colour looks okay, a naturalish pink, a little bright which I'm not keen on, I don't know, this is kinda blah, where have the days of Burberry miniature lipsticks gone?! *cry*

Ahh if you couldn't tell I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed by this box, I was really excited by the theme and thought it held such potential for some great products and brands to be featured, but the products I received really weren't the sort of thing I had in mind. I'm not sure whether the beauty box has had it's day, recently I've been getting unimpressive box after unimpressive box and I'm not too sure if I can justify my subscriptions for much longer, I definitely feel that this time last year they were much more exciting and hopefully they can get back to that very soon rather than continuing to fill boxes with clear nail varnish, perfume samples and their own brand products..

Does anyone agree with me? Have you been feeling uninspired by your beauty boxes recently? Let me know!
Eleanor x

No comments:

Post a Comment