Wednesday 31 October 2012

Autumn Edit: Polishes

Hello! So I'm coming to you with a little Autumn-type series, and today's post is all about polishes! I loooove the autumn beauty colour palette, gorgeous deep reds and purples. I think there's something really dark about autumnal makeup, and I love it!

So I have a selection of polishes in different colours, these are my favourite colours to wear on my nails in the autumn!

Reds:

L-R: Barry M Red Wine, Nails inc Hampstead Heath, Nails inc Eaton Terrace.

 L-R: Barry M Red Balck, Nails in Savile Row.
Okay, so starting with reds, I don't tend to ever paint my nails a bright pillarbox red, I tend to go for these slightly more muted reds instead, I don't know, there's something about a more browny red, or a plummy red that I feel is a bit more autumnal! Red black by Barry M is my absolute all-time favourite nail polish, I lovelovelove it!! It's the perfect shade for me, it goes with everything, it looks so lovely on the nails, I can't get enough of it, and I love that it's in season!!

Purples:


L-R: Models Own Purple Rain and Purple Grey.
I love purpley shades, especially deep, dark purples like this, normally brands only do a couple of purples, usually a lilac and a bright purple, but models own seem to do a really nice variety of different purple shades, which is why both of mine are from there! Although I have seen a rather nice deep, rich purple in the new Barry M jelly shine range, look out boots...

Blues:
 L-R: Barry M Navy, Nails inc Tudor Way, Barry M Indigo.
I feel like navy is a real classic when it comes to nail polish, for me it really oozes style and class. My absolute favourite navy is this Barry M polish, it doesn't have a name on the bottom of the bottle, but it's just the navy shade that they do. Again, I've also seen that they do a really nice navy shade in the jelly shine collection too! And I think navy is a really lovely colour for autumn too, with all the different colours going on in the season it's a nice toned down colour that means you can wear all the colour you want in your outfit without being too over the top.

Greens:

L-R: Barry M Racing Green, Nails inc (unknown), Models Own Grace Green.
There are two types of green I like to wear in the autumn: teal and khaki. Khaki is such a big colour this season, it's absolutely everywhere, so obviously you need a khaki nail polish! I think teal is such a beautiful colour too, it's so rich! I have this slightly shimmery one my Barry M, and then the Nails inc one is an opaque shade that I got free in an In Style magazine I think about this time last year, the name has fallen off so I'm not sure what the shade is called!

Blacks:

L-R: Barry M Black, E.L.F Metal Madness, Topshop Sketch.
Surprisingly this is the only Topshop polish I own! I absolutely love all the colours they do, I've nearly gone crazy on them on more than one occasion, but for some reason I've managed to stay quite restrained? Anyway, I love this charcoal colour, all these colours are really simple, they go with absolutely everything and always look effortlessly cool!

So there we have it! My ever-growing collection of autumn nail polishes, I have my eye on a few colours from the new Essie range, and as we've just established, the Barry M jelly shine range too!

What are your favourite shades of nail polish to wear in the autumn? Are there any that I need to add to my collection?
Eleanor x

18 comments:

  1. Love these polishes. I also love navy blue and a burgundy red colour to wear in autumn. I'm wearing a navy nails inc polish right now :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that red black burgundy colour is my absolute all time favourite colour to wear on my nails, I think burgundy and navy are so chic!
      Eleanor x

      Delete
  2. I love your collection! :D

    http://georgialouisee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I've built it up over quite some time, I got my first Barry M ones when I was 14!! haha!
      Eleanor x

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous selection of polishes!!

    thebeautymist.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Me too, I love gorgeous deep plummy reds or burgundys
      Eleanor x

      Delete
  5. i love deep red , Wine-ish nails for fall

    xx Liyana
    http://LiyanasAdvice.blogspot.com
    PS : I'm having a MAC giveaway on my blog to celebrate my 1 month of blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, they're my absolute favourite, you definitely can't go wrong with the Barry M red black, I can't rave about it enough, it's gorgeous!
      Eleanor x

      Delete
  6. wow i the purple shades the best <3

    wishuponasmile.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my favourite of the purples would have to be the nails inc one in saville row, I love how it's such a rich colour
      Eleanor x

      Delete
  7. Lovely picks! These autumn polish posts are so fun to read, I love seeing what polishes bloggers feature as their favourites :) Grace Green looks really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! it gives me ideas of some new ones to get! (not that I need any haha!)
      Eleanor x

      Delete
  8. I love a plummy/burgundy red for autumn too :) Wish I had your collection! ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taken me ages to collect them all, I'm always adding to it haha! I have far too many really! But I never use them all up because I get through them so slowly
      Eleanor x

      Delete
  9. Barry M indigo is one of my favourite shades ever is so pigmented. Great choices :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's lovely! It's a bit brighter than my other autumny ones, but I really like it :) I think Barry M just come out with some really great shades in general, I love them!
      Eleanor x

      Delete