Tuesday 22 May 2012

Skincare Routine: Daily and Weekly

Hello!! So my past couple of posts have been about new skincare products that I've purchased and explanations on them, so now I'm going to describe how I've started to use them as part of my daily and weekly skincare routines!


So I'll start off with my morning routine:




This is pretty simple, quite low maintenance because I don't have a lot of time in the mornings to get ready before I have to go out to uni, so I start off by washing my face with warm water and then massaging one pump of The Body Shop Aloe Gentle Facial Wash all over my face (avoiding my eyes and lips). I then rinse that off with warm water, and splash my face with cold water as a sort of toner and to close my pores after the warm water. I then moisturise my face using the Oriflame Optimals Skin Energy Day Cream SPF15, leave that to sink in for 10 or so minutes whilst I get dressed or something and then I put on the Body Shop Seaweed Pore Perfector along my nose where my pores are a little larger, and then apply my makeup!


My night time routine:






The essence of my night time routine is to cleanse, cleanse, cleanse! I feel like after wearing makeup all day you need to give your skin a rest at night and that means not leaving any makeup clogging up your pores. So I start by using the Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes to remove most of my makeup, then I wash my face with warm water to open up my pores to help being able to really get all the day's grime off my face (lovely, I know!) and wash my face with the Body Shop Vitamin E Facial Cleansing Bar, and rinse it off and dry my face. I then use cotton wool pads to apply the Body Shop Cucumber Cleansing Milk in upwards and outwards motions all over my face. Then I use the Body Shop Cucumber Refreshing Water on a cotton pad in upwards sweeping motions as a toner. Finally I massage the Oriflame Optimals Skin Energy Night Cream into my skin and I'm ready to go to sleep!


Here's a couple of substitutions I have available for if my skin is having any problems:




If my I'm suffering with breakouts I have the Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash to use in the evenings after removing my makeup, I would use this in place of the Body Shop Vitamin E Cleansing Facial Bar, by squeezing a small amount into my hands after washing my face with warm water, massage it onto my skin and then rinse it off and pat dry. I'd then carry on with the rest of my normal night time routine.




If I wake up and my skin is looking oilier than usual, I'd substitute my Body Shop Aloe Gentle Facial Wash with the Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash (for oily/combination skin), splash my face with cold water as usual, and then use the Oriflame Optimals Matte Touch Day Gel-Cream to moisturise my skin before applying The Body Shop Seaweed Pore Perfector to my nose and then applying my makeup.




So if I knew I was going out somewhere where people would be taking photos, like a night out or if we went somewhere different for the day, I wouldn't want to wear my Oriflame Optimals Skin Energy Day Cream SPF15 because the SPF would make me look like a ghost on pictures! But I still want my moisturiser to be luminizing, so I'd follow my usual morning routine and just substitute my usually moisturiser for the L'Oreal Youth Code Luminze.


Here's part of my routine that I would only follow once or twice a week:




I would exfoliate my skin once a week, just to get rid of dead skin cells from my face to make way for new shiny, radiant ones! I use the St. Ives Apricot Invigorating Scrub for all skin types after using a cleansing wash in the evening an use the Body Shop Cucumber Milk and Water afterwards and then my night moisturiser.




Finally, once a week I cleanse my face in the evening using a cleansing facial wash, and instead of massaging this in with my hands as I would usually, I use the small Body Shop Facial Brush (pictured above) in circular motions to clean well into my pores with the cleanser before rinsing it off (the brush also acts as a sort of exfoliant on the skin as the bristles will remove dead skin cells). I then dry off my face and apply the Oriflame Optimals Oxygen Boost Face Mask and leave it on my skin for 15 minutes and then wash it off, before toning with a splash of cold water and moisturising with the Oriflame Optimals Oxygen Boost Cream. I do this once a week as it's good for preventing the effects of city pollution on the skin which is good for me, as I live in the city and go to university in the heart of a very busy city!


So that's my skincare routine, nothing too fancy or expensive, I've just started out with it so I'm still in the trial phase and seeing what does and doesn't work for my skin. I'll probably review this in a month when my skin has has proper time to adjust and see which products I do and don't like and which work the best etc. Anyway, that's all from me today!


Eleanor x

No comments:

Post a Comment