Tuesday 19 June 2012

Glossybox June 2012



Hello! My second Glossybox arrived this morning, I always get excited getting a beauty box because I can't wait to see what's inside for me to try out!
So here's what I received in my box:






Glossybox Serie Pro Beauty Brush - So when I opened my little beauty menu I was very excited to see this! I love a good brush or two, and I've been going through  bit of an obsession with face brushes, gathering quite a collection of different brush styles of different makes (partly to review, but partly just because I NEED THEM ALL). This is a Glossybox blush brush made with natural goat hair, and retails at £15. I'm not entirely sure whether anyone else got different types of brushes or whether everyone was sent a blush brush? When I took the brush out of the cellophane it doesn't look to be of the best quality, I have to admit. I'm going to reserve my opinion for a later post after I've had the opportunity to try this one out..


Yves Rocher France Mini Mascara ultra-volume Sexy Pulp - Phew, what a mouthful! A cute little sample size mascara, the brush is quite large with natural bristles. The brush is an hourglass shape, the formula seems to be quite nice, I don't like very wet mascaras, I prefer mine to be on the drier side. I can say that this looks to be a dry mascara, but it definitely isn't overly wet, it's difficult to explain, but I think it's something I could work with, and I see great potential lying in this little tube!


BM Beauty Summer Warmth Bronzer - I've heard great things about the BM Beauty loose powder blushes, so this product is off to a good start already! I also don't actually own any loose powder bronzers, so I'm looking forward to trying this one out, because all of the ones I own are pressed ones. It has come in quite a small sample pot, but dont be fooled, this one's filled to the brim! My only worries are these: the shade of this bronzer looks quite dark, and I think it might be too much for my porcelain skin. I'm also not too sure how you'd go about applying this, seeing as the pot is so small it would be difficult to get a brush in there to get any product, so I can see this is going to be a messy trial of having to tip some out onto another surface, I'll have to think of something creative!


Agent Provocateur Eau Provocateur Trio - I'm pleased that these 3 samples have come in little viles with spray applicators, rather than sticks (I hate those!) First is the baby pink coloured one, which I think is the original fragrance because it doesn't have any extra titles or names attached? It's a spicy scent, a little bit oriental I'd say.. I think? I can't say this fragrance is to my taste, and it isn't something I'd wear myself, as I prefer something fresher, the smell isn't too heavy though, so it isn't overpowering. The second is the black one entitled, L'Agent. This is definitely a heavier scent, not overly so though, I think it's more floral. This is a tricky one, it's very hard to tell what's going on in the fragrance (especially with my poor knowledge) I'm undecided whether I like this or not, but I'm swaying more towards saying not. It's a reasonably nice scent, just not something I'd tend to go for as I'm not too fond of floral perfumes. Finally the third perfume is the red coloured one, which is called Maitresse. I'd say this was my favourite of the three, it's a sweeter smell than the others, but perhaps a little too sweet for me. All 3 perfumes are nice enough and not too expensive at £39 for 50ml, but unfortunately none are really to my taste and I wouldn't consider buying them, however it's nice to have the samples if I ever want to wear something a little different to my usual fragrances!


Vichy Dermablend Ultra-Corrective Foundation Cream Stick - This is so strange because I was actually talking to somebody about this the other day telling them that I've heard good reviews of this but I wasn't sure whether it was available in the UK and I hadn't had the opportunity to try it out myself! So it was a nice surprise to receive this! There are 6 little samples in different shades, ranging from light to dark, and looking at all 6 of them, there seems to be a light, a medium, and a dark shade each with yellow undertones, and a light, a medium and a dark shade each with pink undertones, which is really good! This is a really full coverage cream foundation, which in full size comes in stick form and retails at £19. I don't tend to like cream stick foundations just because they're usually a lot heavier than I prefer to wear, but I'm hopeful that this could potentially be an excellent concealer. One thing I will say is: Glossybox, I filled out my beauty profile and you know I have fair skin, it would have been nice to perhaps receive a larger sample size of only the 2 light shades, because I don't have a great deal of use for the other 4 shades!


Overall quite a good box, I wouldn't say that I've been particularly bowled over by Glossybox so far, I feel like the quality of the boxes has gone down in the past couple of months but I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else got in their boxes and what they think of the products we received this month. The note in the box also said that this month was all about summer essentials, which I don't think they conveyed through the products at all, the only product I would class as summery is the bronzer. But I hate to be negative, so to end on a high note I would like to say that I was glad not to receive another expensive body wash sample this month! I always feel like that's a sample wasted because I'm not really interested in spending lots of money on a body wash even if I do like the sample, so I'd rather try something else!
Eleanor x

No comments:

Post a Comment