Saturday 14 July 2012

VIVO Baked Blush Review

Hello! So it's time for my first review! I know I make lots and lots of promises in all my hauls and beauty box posts, to write reviews about many different products and it's taken me quite a while to get around to writing my first! But I feel like product reviews should be quite carefully considered, and I like to use it lots and really form a proper opinion on it before writing about it, rather than using something for the first time and then running off to write a blog post that could turn out to be wrong! I also feel like when I read peoples reviews on their blogs or watch their reviews in youtube videos, I like to know about what they thought about lots of different aspects of the product, and I think things like that you can only really talk about if you've used the product a fair amount!
Anyway, after that ramble, on with the review!



So I picked up this blush a while ago in Tesco, along with a couple of other VIVO makeup products (reviews to follow..) after hearing a little hype surrounding the brand and being made curious as to how good quality a brand that only seems to be stocked by Tesco - a supermarket - could really be... I picked up the shade "peaches and cream" immediately, as I have been searching for a "one true peach" blush, as all the peaches I've bought until now have always turned out more on the orangey side (although still nice). I swatched this one and LOVED the shade immediately, so thought I'd go out on a whim and buy it along with a few other of their products that I liked the swatches of...

Let me start off by saying that I have been so pleasantly surprised by this blush! I absolutely love it! The pigmentation is great, it's really pigmented which is something I wasn't expecting. I tend to just dab my brush on this once or twice rather than swipe or swirl it because it's so pigmented! And I prefer to look like my cheeks have just a natural hint of colour rather than anything too strong, but if you do like a bolder look on your cheeks you can totally achieve that with this too, just put a bit more on! I did this the first time I tried it and the colour showed up really well, the look just wasn't to my taste, but a heavier colour is achievable with this as well as just a light flush, so the colour is easily buildable too! I find that the colour blends really nicely and seemlessly into the cheeks and looks so natural when applied with a light hand. I have also found that the colour lasts all day! I have actually really put this one through its paces, wearing it to 8 hour shifts at work and it looked just as good at the end of my shift as it did at the start! I can hardly believe it! It wears so well, and I've tried it with a couple of different primer and foundation combinations and it has done equally as well with all of them! You get 8g of product which I think is great, and will last me such a long time, especially considering how little of this you need to apply and that you don't need to touch it up either!
Now the colour; this is most definitely, without a doubt the "true peach" that I have been looking for, it looks almost a terracotta orange in the pan, with little streaks of pink and gold swirled through it (not a great description) but when applied on the skin it is a beautiful, natural peachy shade, absolutely gorgeous! I have also noticed that it has a slight sheen to it, not a shimmer though, there are no chunky glitter particles here, and no disco-ball-cheek-effect, just a dewy, natural, glowy sheen. Yes, I just have a way with words, I'm so good at describing, I know, I know hah! Honestly though, I think this is such a beautiful colour! It also doesn't look the slightest bit chalky or powdery which I love because it doesn't look cakey at all, just like a lovely natural peachy flush!
To be honest, I'm not a huge stickler for packaging, I'm not all that high maintenance with what it looks like, as long as the product it's holding is good! (That's not to say I don't enjoy a good bit of pretty packaging) The packaging on this is fine as far as I'm concerned, it's a thick clear plastic, I like being able to see what's inside and it feels very durable. There's no mirror inside but that's not something that I'm too worried about anyway, as you won't need to touch this up on the go because it stays all day!








I'm really really pleased with this blusher, it's just the product I have been looking for! I love the colour, the finish, the staying power and the price! So overall, a product that I would thoroughly recommend! The only negative thing I could say about this is that I don't seem to remember there being a great shade range to choose from, but I really hope they come out with some other colours because I would be buying them straight away! 
Just a quick apology to finish, the photos aren't great because I have been having to use my little digital camera for a while now until I can get another XD card for my SLR. It's not the best at capturing colours and I tried with all sorts or different lighting but hopefully you can get the idea from my little snaps! Also, I'm sorry if this seemed a bit jumbled or anything like that, I still need to get the hang of writing reviews and getting in everything I want to include, so just bare with me on that one!

VIVO Peaches and Cream Baked Blush is available in Tesco stores for £4.

What do you think, have you tried any of the VIVO products? What is your favourite peachy coloured blush?
Eleanor x

10 comments:

  1. Great review Eleanor, thank you!!

    Tesco's do some lovely make-up I found. I haven't purchased from them in a long time but they really do stock some good products.

    The blush looks great on you! Matches your skin perfectly. Your camera took good pictures, so don't worry about that I can see the colour :)

    P.S You have amazing skin. Jealous!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :o thank you so much for such a lovely comment!
      Yeah I've been so impressed with this, I can hardly believe it's from Tesco! And thank you very much, I actually have on the Bourjois healthy mix serum in these pictures, so I owe it to that! haha :)
      Eleanor x

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to try vivo for ages!

    thebeautymist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend checking them out, they have a pretty good selection of products! :)
      Eleanor x

      Delete
  3. for your first review this is brilliant! Very detailed and helpful :) lovely blog btw! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've tried to include the sorts of things that I like to know when I'm reading a review, so I'm glad you found it helpful! :)
      Eleanor x

      Delete
  4. I've never tried anything from vivo but would love to give this a go! Great review : )

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) :) I would definitely recommend this blush, it's lovely!
      Eleanor x

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog! I love this review, so interesting to read! Definitely having a looksee at this blush.

    Emily Wears Things
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And thank you very much! Let me know how you like it if you try it out :)
      Eleanor x

      Delete